Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The art of being Sally King Benedict

 

Atlanta born artist Sally King Benedict first caught my eye in Elle Decor's December issue, where her artwork was featured in the home of designer Ashley Stark.



A self-described "total rennaisance art history dork", she finds her inspiration in fashion, textiles, travel, and from the likes of artists such as William de Kooning, Helen Frankenthaler, and Philip Guston just to name a few.  

Her artwork has a bold, modern aesthetic, yet also has a softness and femininity to it, which I love.

   
Coming from a home of artists, I've always wanted to learn how to paint.  Taking just one look at Sally's beautiful body of work convinces me that I need to take the plunge.


This is one of my absolute favoritesI love the pastel hues, and slightly subdued lines.





I've decided that I want them all.  Perhaps one day I will be the proud owner of one of her masterpieces.

You can read more about Sally and see inside her beautiful Charleston studio in the current issue of Matchbook Magazine.


 
*images via:

3 comments :

I appreciate your kind comments and support of my blog! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
COPYRIGHT OF ANGIE HELM INTERIORS 2009. Powered by Blogger.
È