Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My Grandma

Today is my beautiful grandmother's 90th birthday.  



I think about all of the things that she has witnessed in her lifetime-political changes, wars, technology, advances in science.  It truly is incredible.


She has always been a stylish and classy woman.  I remember many visits to her home where I would dress up in her beautifully tailored suits, and accessorize them with one of her delicate vintage silk scarves.  She had the most impeccable taste.  I credit her for creating in me a true love of style and design at a very young age.  Her home was overflowing with design inspiration.   I am certain that this is where my obsession with grasscloth began.

 
More importantly, she has always maintained a positive outlook on life, a deep love of her country, family, and a faith which has never wavered.  What an example she has been to me.  I am so grateful to have been blessed with 37 years with her, and I pray that I will be blessed with many more.  Happy birthday grandma, you are a true treasure.

3 comments :

  1. Oh beautiful pics, hope she had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that photo of her and the boys! Now, where is one of you two? :) Need to catch up soon! ...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your kind comments and support of my blog! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
COPYRIGHT OF ANGIE HELM INTERIORS 2009. Powered by Blogger.
È